Last updated on July 6th, 2022
In our article; Nexgard Spectra Reviews – Very Small to Extra Large Dogs, we provide you a detailed Review on Nexgard Spectra products so that you can make an informed decision.
So, are you looking for the Nexgard Spectra medium dog 6 pack? Or the Nexgard Spectra Large dog 6 pack? By reading this article, you will be able to identify the best Nexgard Spectra products for very small to extra large dogs.
As a pet parent, you do not want your pet to suffer, which is why you seek treatment immediately if you find any evidence of harmful parasites…but which treatment do you select?!
There are a variety of flea and tick treatments and preventative medications available, and choosing the right one can be overwhelming. Our NexGard Spectra review will help you learn more and decide whether NexGard is the right product for your dog. It is advised to consult your veterinarian before the purchase of any NexGard Spectra product as some dogs may get allergic. But this is very rare to happen.
Check out our article – Does Nexgard Have Side Effects? How To Use Nexgard Spectra Correctly.
What are NexGard Spectra Chewable tablets?
- What are NexGard Spectra Chewable tablets?
- Below Is A Closer look at each product
- #5 Nexgard spectra very small dogs (2-3.5kg) orange:
- #4 Nexgard Spectra Small Dogs (3.6-7.5kg) Yellow
- #3 Nexgard Spectra Medium Dogs (7.6-15kg) Green
- #2 Nexgard Spectra Large Dogs (15.1-30kg) Purple
- #1 Nexgard Spectra Extra Large Dogs (30.1-60kg) Red
- FAQs – Nexgard Spectra Reviews
- 1- Does NexGard make my dog sleepy?
- 2- Is it still possible to get fleas on dogs using NexGard?
- 3- For how long does Nexgard remain in the dog’s system?
- Final Thoughts
The NexGard product is an oral flea and tick control product consisting of afoxolaner, a drug of the isoxazoline family of parasiticides. It has also been shown that these chewable tablets prevent Lyme disease in dogs.
Nexgard Spectra also controls both external and internal parasites in dogs with one single treatment.
Tablets come in 1, 3, 6 or 12 packs.
All of the Nexgard Spectra – Very Small to Extra Large Dogs tablets contain the same ingredients but with different dosages depending on the size of your dog.
Each chew contains:
- Very small (orange) – 9.4 mg Afoxolaner & 1.9 mg Milbemycin Oxime
- Small (yellow) – 18.8 mg Afoxolaner & 3.8 mg Milbemycin Oxime
- Medium (green) – 37.5 mg Afoxolaner & 7.5 mg Milbemycin Oxime
- Large (purple) – 75 mg Afoxolaner & 15 mg Milbemycin Oxime
- Extra large (red) – 150 mg Afoxolaner & 30 mg Milbemycin Oxime
- Easy to eat
- Effectively & quickly kills fleas
- Prevents Heartworm Disease
- Effective against intestinal parasites
- Treats brown ticks, paralysis ticks, and bush ticks.
- Provides a full month of effectiveness after just one dose.
- Treats & controls hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms.
- Likely, your dog won’t like the taste at first, but he will get used to it. Some picky dogs will require the tablet to be hidden within their favorite treat, or even cover some tasty sauce over the tablet.
Below Is A Closer look at each product
#5 Nexgard spectra very small dogs (2-3.5kg) orange:
Nexgard‘s Spectra for very small dogs comes with a tasty beef chewable that your dog will love while killing parasites. Nexgard Spectra offers relief to dogs suffering from Flea Allergy Dermatitis because it kills all adult fleas trying to attack your dog’s skin. The product can be used on puppies over 2kgs from the age of 8 weeks.
Suited for dogs 2 – 3.5kg.
#4 Nexgard Spectra Small Dogs (3.6-7.5kg) Yellow
The Nexgard Spectra Chewable for Small Dogs provides reliable protection from fleas, ticks, heartworms, and intestinal worms. When used as directed, it is safe and effective for a variety of breeds of dogs (including sensitive Collie breeds).
Suited for dogs 3.6 – 7.5kg.
#3 Nexgard Spectra Medium Dogs (7.6-15kg) Green
With Nexgard Spectra Chewable for Medium Dogs; you can protect your dog against fleas, ticks, heartworms, and intestinal parasites. It is a beef-flavored chew that tastes good. It is also an oral treatment, so swimming or bathing afterward is not restricted. The chewable tablet contains afoxolaner, an active ingredient that has been specifically designed for dogs.
Suited for dogs 7.6 – 15kg.
#2 Nexgard Spectra Large Dogs (15.1-30kg) Purple
Nexgard Spectra for large dogs offers the broadest protection against fleas, ticks, heartworms, and intestinal worms. It is easy to give this medicine with or without food, depending on how convenient it is for you personally.
Suited for dogs 15.1 – 30kg.
#1 Nexgard Spectra Extra Large Dogs (30.1-60kg) Red
The Nexgard Spectra For Extra Large Dogs also comes in a beef chew that is soft, tasty, and will keep your dog entertained and kill parasites at the same time. Because paralysis ticks can be lethal for your dog, Nexgard Spectra is able to kill ticks including brown ticks, paralysis ticks, and bush ticks. In addition to one pack, the Nexgard Spectra for extra large dogs comes in 6 packs, 3 packs, and 12 packs as well.
Suited for dogs 30.1 – 60kg.
FAQs – Nexgard Spectra Reviews
1- Does NexGard make my dog sleepy?
Generally, no, but sometimes some dogs may experience a little fatigue after getting treatment. However, this usually passes within a few hours. In addition, if you want to check out some of the best Nexgard Spectra products, you can look at the Nexgard Spectra Reviews above.
2- Is it still possible to get fleas on dogs using NexGard?
Fleas may still land on your dogs, but after biting and ingesting Afoxolaner (present in the NexGard chewable), they will be killed before they can lay eggs.
3- For how long does Nexgard remain in the dog’s system?
NexGard remains in your dog’s body for about 4-6 weeks, however, some dogs may retain it longer if they are suffering from kidney or liver disease.
With Nexgard Spectra, your dog will be protected against fleas, ticks, heartworms, and more. It is an incredibly convenient and comprehensive parasite medicine, which is why it is generating quite a following among dog owners. Nexgard is making it easier to keep your furry friend healthy than ever before, we highly recommend it.
We hope you have enjoyed our article; Nexgard Spectra Reviews – Very Small to Extra Large Dogs to help you select the right one.
Check out more Getexpertreviews Buyer’s guide & reviews on:
- Does Nexgard Have Side Effects? How To Use Nexgard Spectra Correctly.
- Top 10 Best Dog Poop Bags For Your Favorite Pet
- Best Retractable Dog Leash: An Absolute Guide For Buyers!
- Top 9 Best GPS Pet Tracker
- Top 10 Best Dog Hair Dryers Reviews In 2021