Last updated on February 5th, 2023
In our Top 10 Best Bike Rack for Pickup Truck Reviews we cover all the things you need to know before deciding on which one to purchase. What is the best DIY truck bed bike rack or over truck bed bike rack? Looking for a fat tire bike rack for your truck bed? If so, read our Best Bike Rack for Pickup Truck Reviews!
Getting fit and enjoying nature are the two best things that cycling offers. The only drawback in most cases is the need to drive to the ideal locations.
You might find it frustrating to force your bike into the backseat or bed of your vehicle or to firmly secure it to your truck bed without properly securing it. These only cause your vehicle and bike to dent and suffer costly damage.
In this article, we’ve compiled and reviewed some of the best bike racks for pickup trucks so you don’t have to spend money and time searching for them.
Top 10 Best Bike Rack for Pickup Truck Comparison Table
- Top 10 Best Bike Rack for Pickup Truck Comparison Table
- #Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
- #KAC Overdrive Sports K2 2 inches Hitch Mounted Bike Rack
- #Titan Ramps Pickup Truck Bed Mounted Carrier
- #INNO RT201 Truck Bed Bike Rack
- #MAXXHAUL 50027 Hitch Mount Platform Style 2-Bike Rack
- #Swagman Pickup Fork Mount Bike Rack
- #Heininger Advantage SportsRack Truck Bike Rack
- #Thule Insta-Gater Pro Truck Bed Bike Rack
- #KAC S4 2 Inches Hitch Mounted Rack 4-Bike Premium Carrier
- #Allen Sports 5-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 inches Hitch
- What to Consider When Buying a Bike Rack for a Pickup Truck
#Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
Do you need an easy-to-use, top-of-the-line multi-bike rack? Introducing the Allen Sports 4-bike rack, dynamite you might have just discovered. This rack is a professional and sturdy rack for trucks and cars, and it takes only 5 minutes to set up.
It is only compatible with vehicles that have a 2-inch trailer hitch. Moreover, a Class III or IV hitch 2 inches thick must also be installed on the vehicle to use this bike rack.
Despite its relatively short 22-inch carrying arms, Allensports’ 4-bike rack offers adequate space for securing four bikes effectively. Also included is a patented wobble-prevention system. The system is also secured by a no-wobble bolt, which keeps it firm even on rough terrain.
- Material: Steel
- Not foldable
- Max weight capacity: 140LB
- Weight of rack: 24.1 pounds
- Dimension: 26.38 x 12.2 x 13.98 inches.
- Easy to install
- Firm and sturdy
- The main mast can be tilted away for easy access.
- Bikes mount close to each other.
#KAC Overdrive Sports K2 2 inches Hitch Mounted Bike Rack
KAC Overdrive bike racks are designed for fat-tire bikes and can be mounted on trucks, SUVs, and other vehicles. This unit is versatile and can accommodate bikes with different frames and designs.
With this rack, you can easily mount a 2-inch receiver hitch. The specification is important for the safe installation and use of the rack. It also comes with tie-down systems that can be used to secure the two bikes separately.
For easy access, the mast was tilted backward. This allows you to access your truck as the rack is being installed. The unit is also locked in place with a bolt that inhibits any wobbling. This makes it ideal for rough terrain and long-term installations.
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Color: black
- Max weight capacity: 120LB
- Weight of rack: 44.8 pounds
- Wheel size suitability: 54 inches
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimension: 36.89 x 61.02 x 38.11 inches.
- Easy to assemble
- The rack sticks solidly in the hitch
- Heavy-duty and durable.
- Requires the purchase of additional straps.
#Titan Ramps Pickup Truck Bed Mounted Carrier
It is an admirable quality to have a product that can serve multiple purposes, and bike racks are no exception. Titan Ramp is a no-tool, diy truck bed bike rack that works on pickups of any size.
There is no weight limit on this heavy-duty rack, which can hold four bikes. Featuring foam padding, you can move your bike around without causing dents to its finish. The rack also has an adjustable width ranging from 51 in. to 57 in., making it an ideal fat tire bike rack for truck bed.
This bike rack doesn’t require tools for installation. Even though it is heavy at 31 pounds, it occupied little space in the truck. As such, you can store it in the back when it’s not in use.
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Mounting type: Strap
- Weight of rack: 31 pounds
- Wheel size suitability: 51 – 57 inches
- Dimension: 57 x 15 x 23.5 inches
- The elastic straps make mounting the bike easy
- Storage is easy after use
- Durable materials.
- Non-elastic straps are needed to prevent bikes from wobbling.
#INNO RT201 Truck Bed Bike Rack
Need a diy truck bed bike rack that requires no tools or drilling to install? Perhaps you have been searching for the best bike rack for truck hitch that does not require partial removal of bike parts before use? INNOBike 201 bed bike rack delivers exactly what you need.
The compact bike rack allows you to mount your bike on the truck bed without sacrificing cargo space. Due to its design, it can be installed in the bed of almost all pickup trucks.
For the attachment of ratcheting straps, it has two mounts. Together, the straps and rods allow you to hold your bike firmly by the front fork and seat. The INNO RT201 is simple to assemble, since it requires no tooling, drilling, or removing your bike’s front tire. This makes it one of the best bike racks for pickup trucks.
- Material: Blend
- Weight of rack: 4 pounds
- Dimension: 12.5 x 10.3 x 2.7 inches
- Stress-free installation and excellent design
- Solidly constructed
- Requires no removal of the front tire.
- Clamps scratch the bike if the tube diameter doesn’t fit completely inside the cradle.
#MAXXHAUL 50027 Hitch Mount Platform Style 2-Bike Rack
Is your bike constantly scratched by pickup bike racks? Would you like an over truck bed bike rack that can accommodate a wide range of bike frames comfortably without leaving any unpleasant marks? You needn’t look any further than the Maxxhaul platform-style bike rack.
This product comes with two foam-padded hooks that hold and stabilize the bike without damaging its finish. Its hooks and tire cradles can be adjusted to accommodate bike frames with wheel sizes within the range of 20 to 26 inches. Also, this bike rack is easy to store as the vertical post can be easily removed after use.
Installing it is easy and secure as it fits class III and IV receivers of 2 inches standard width. Furthermore, this bike carrier has a maximum weight capacity of 80 lbs, which means it can fit two bicycles with an added weight totaling 80 lbs – equivalent to two adult bikes and extras. To prevent wobbling during travel, the bag includes rubber straps for stability.
- Material: Steel
- Mounting Type: Strap
- Max weight capacity: 80LB
- Weight of rack: 33 pounds
- Wheel size suitability: 20 – 26 inches
- Dimension: 31.5 x 11.5 x 8 inches
- Easy to store
- Keeps the bike from getting scratched
- Fits a variety of bikes
- For added security, unique adjustment clamps are available.
- Some bike tyres fit tightly in this rack.
#Swagman Pickup Fork Mount Bike Rack
The Swagman Pickup Fork is a versatile over-the-truck bed bike rack. For a quick and easy installation that does not require drilling, it comes with a telescopic bar. Due to its stainless steel construction, it is one of the most durable pickup truck bike racks on the market.
There are rubber end pads on this product that effectively grip your bike bed rails without causing any dent or abrasion. Your bikes are held in place by the fork mount blocks, which provide a very safe and secure mounting system.
This trunk bike rack can easily transport a maximum of 2 bikes of a combined weight of 70 lbs. The blocks have 9mm quick-release skewers that secure and release your bike in no time.
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Max weight capacity: 35LB
- Weight of rack: 13.5 pounds
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Dimension: 6 x 3.5 x 54 inches
- Easy to store and transport
- Requires no tools for installation
- Can accommodate different bike types.
- Requires the removal of the front wheel.
#Heininger Advantage SportsRack Truck Bike Rack
Heininger Advantage bike racks are made from steel and padded plastic. In line with expectations, it is a robust, stable, and easy-to-install unit. Thanks to its protective powder paint outdoor design, the product has a neat finishing.
The item can accommodate wheels from 700c to plus MTBs. This feature of the rack with its extended ratchet straps makes it useful for fat tire bike rack for truck bed. There is enough space to accommodate two bicycles without colliding. Also included is a 24-inch cable lock for securing this rack to your truck.
As far as long-term use and storage go, this rack is one of the best options available. Regardless of whether your truck has bed liners or not, you don’t have to pay for additional expenses.
- Material: Steel
- Weight of rack: 25 pounds
- Wheel size suitability: 44.25 – 62 inches
- Dimension: 28 x 19.25 x 10.25 inches
- Constructed with heavy-duty metal
- Can be adjusted to accommodate a wide range of bikes
- Holds bikes firmly.
- Rubber latches are stiff.
#Thule Insta-Gater Pro Truck Bed Bike Rack
Thule Insta-Gaterbike racks are also excellent racks that are able to carry various types of bikes, including fat bikes. It fits virtually any type of truck. Also, it is very secure because of its high-quality locking system.
It is constructed using aluminum and plastic, making it extremely sturdy, durable, and strong. With a carbon frame, it is perfect for mountain, downhill, fat, and also e-bikes. Additionally, it can accommodate tires with a diameter of 5 inches as well as wheel sizes between 20 and 29 inches.
Finally, you can lock the bike using Thule’s one-key lock system included in the package. Thus it is always stable, safe, and secure.
- Material: Aluminum and Plastic
- Max weight capacity: 50LB
- Weight of rack: 11 pounds
- Wheel size suitability: 20 – 29 inches
- Dimension: 40.6 x 18 x 6.7 inches.
- Can accommodate varieties of bikes of different sizes
- Easy to install and use
- Value for money.
- The bike hangs from the top tube.
#KAC S4 2 Inches Hitch Mounted Rack 4-Bike Premium Carrier
The KAC S4 bike rack has all the key features of a modern single-arm carrier. The bike carrier is constructed of Aluminum alloy to be one of the strongest and most stable on the market.
With its patented Anti-Wobble System, you can ride safely and securely on even the roughest terrain. Despite its weight, it can carry 4 bikes of 33 lbs each without wobbling or colliding. The bikes are also secured by a lock system.
For easy access to your gear, this carrier features a dual lever tilt design. In addition, the dual levers allow you to fold the rack apart when not in use.
Please note that this product does not fit 2-inch hitch receivers. Additionally, it has a limited lifetime warranty covering a wide range of performance issues.
- Material: Alloy Steel
- FoldableMax weight capacity: 120LB
- Weight of rack: 35.65 pounds
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimension: 43.15 x 9.84 x 41.06 inches.
- Offers easy rear cargo access
- Has series of safety features
- Can be folded up flat when not in use.
- Instructions for assembly could be improved.
#Allen Sports 5-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 inches Hitch
A stunning bike rack that can hold up to five bicycles at once. The Allen Sports 5-Bike Hitch Rack is perfect for trips with large families or gatherings with friends. Even though it has a complex structure, it takes about 5 minutes to install it.
The rack only fits 2 inches receiver hitches. The reason for this is that the rack includes two keys to help it attach to the hitch receiver, and might not work with larger or smaller hitch receivers.
Furthermore, the quick-set carry arms come with a snap-back mechanism that can be quickly folded away when not in use. Thanks to its extremely secure patented tie-down cradles plus strap and buckle, you can secure all the bicycles individually and hold them firm. As such, it is one of the safest pickup truck bike racks available.
- Material: Steel
- Color: Black
- Max weight capacity: 175B
- Weight of rack: 25.99 pounds
- Dimension: 30.71 x 14.17 x 3.35 inches.
- The individual tie-down systems secure the bikes firmly
- Its foldable carry arms make it easy to store
- Effortless hitch locking installation.
- The rack does not fit a toddlers’ bike.
What to Consider When Buying a Bike Rack for a Pickup Truck
Type of Mount
The type of mount determines the ease of installation, compatibility with your truck bed, and how the rack will fit your bike. Depending on your needs, there are three types of mounts available:
- Wheel Mount: This type of bike rack is probably the easiest to install. It does not require drilling or bolting. All you need to do is attach it to your bed rack to make it work.
- Fork Mount: Fork mount requires a bit of drilling. This mount type is unique in that your bike’s front wheel must be removed for it to fit into the rack. It is the most effective of the mount types, and the installation process is extremely simple.
- Side Clamped: Since it can be installed on any side of the truck’s bed liner, it saves cargo space in your truck. Thanks to the adjustable nature of the seat, it can accommodate virtually any bike size. It also requires no drilling, and installation is effortless.
Regardless of how many bikes you want to transport, you will find a rack that fits your needs. On our list of best bike racks for pickup trucks, there are racks that can fit one bike, two bikes, and up to five bikes.
It depends on how many people you take on cycling trips with. However, it is not a bad thing to have the maximum amount of flexibility possible.
Frequency of Use
When you are a cycling enthusiast and you go on cycling trips frequently, you will need a bike rack that is of high quality and built to last. However, if you cycle just for a few weeks every now and then and plan to keep the rack indoors, you might want to go for a more affordable and attractive rack.
Ease of Storage and Installation
Generally, bike racks do not take up much space. Some of these items are easy to store in a corner of your garage if they need to be removed from your truck.
However, there are racks that are very large and heavy. Racks of this type take up a lot of space and may be difficult to store in a garage without enough room.As you won’t have the rack in your truck forever, you want to make sure that it can easily fit into your truck and that your garage can accommodate it easily.
At the end of the day, the best bike rack for a pickup truck for you is the one that fits your budget. Bike racks vary in price depending on their frequency of use, the number of bikes they can hold, and the manufacturer.
On our list of the Top 10 Best Bike Racks for Pickup Trucks, we included budget-friendly racks. You can also find top-rated ones at high prices. Whatever rack you choose, you can rest assured that you’ll get excellent value from this list.
In this article, we examined the Top 10 Best Bike Racks for Pickup Trucks in depth. We have reviewed various types of pickup truck bike racks here based on the price, materials, suitability, and other factors.
For those who don’t find our picks juicy enough, we’ve provided a list of things to consider when choosing a bike rack. Now it’s up to you to make sure you do it right.
Getexpertreviews buyer’s guide for more reviews on:
- Top 10 Best BBQ Smokers
- Top 10 Best Fliker Scooters For Kids Of All Ages
- Most Popular Floating Water Pads
- Top 9 Best 19-Inch TVs Review
- Top 10 Best 90-100-Inch TVs Review