Last updated on September 28th, 2023
We have done our research and come up with the comparison table below to help you learn what we think is the best pressure washer for your purchase. There are a multitude of choices for you, but the below we found are the best out there and will give you the best bang for your buck. Based on consumer reviews, other buyers seem to agree with us.
We’ve done everything we can to get the most information in the chart below, but of course not everything can be fit in there. That is why we have dedicated pressure washer review pages set up to accompany the chart below. You can find the links below, and can browse the rest of our site for the rest of the pressure washers we have reviewed that didn’t make the cut.
Which Pressure Washer Will Best Suit Your Needs?
Pressure washers are an essential home improvement tool. They perform a variety of tasks and make the user’s job a lot more simple and easy.
Up to date power washers have become a lot more efficient at doing their job. After using a pressure washer it quickly becomes clear that they are extremely good at doing many cleaning jobs outside the home.
This site will explain the pros & cons of several machines and hopefully answer any questions you may have before buying the best pressure washer to suit your needs. You will find in depth pressure washer reviews to help you make an informed decision about which pressure washer will serve you best.
Power washers are great for cleaning the:
- stone garden paths,
- patios and decking,
- brickwork and blocked guttering,
- outdoor furniture,
- garden fences,
- wheelie bin.
Some high end models such as the Karcher Power Washer or Briggs and Stratton Power Washer produce hot water and soapy foam.
Let’s take a look at the features you can expect to find on these cleaning machines.
Pressure Washer Features
A good quality pressure washer with plenty of features can be an extremely valuable item.
Making cleaning jobs very quick and easy is obviously a main selling point, but it is difficult to decide on the best pressure washer to fit your needs and pocket, and you can worry about not really knowing anything about a machines quality and durability.
You will overcome this problem here by understanding more about what makes a machine one of the best power washers you can buy online.
A typical pressure washer delivers a pressurized stream of water under different power settings to provide excellent cleaning results.
Interestingly, pressure washers use a lot less water than a garden hose due to the water being highly pressurized through a small nozzle. The good news is, you will get better results, save time, and use less water.
When considering which pressure washer to buy think about how often will it be used, and what will it be used for. If you are going to do a variety of cleaning jobs (car, patio, paths) make sure your washer is suitable for all tasks.
Another consideration is the power of the motor, anything producing less than 100 bars
(or 1450 PSI ) of pressure is too low. 1200 watts should be your starting point for the motor.
The power can be generated using s gas powered engine or an electric motor.
How to Choose the Ideal Power Supply
Electric versus Gas Powered:
The biggest difference is the strength and speed of the pressure washers, so your choice should be determined by the size of your tasks at home.
Electric power washers are adequate for smaller surface areas like cars, garden furniture, boats, etc. They are more affordable and lighter, but they like real high pressure power, so they won’t clean large areas as fast.
Gas pressure washers have the muscle power. The smallest gas pressure washer has more power than the largest electric power washer which means large surface areas such as decks, driveways, etc are cleaned much quicker with less effort and less water.
Power Washer Terms
PSI – Pounds per Square Inch
Water pressure is measured in PSI. The higher the PSI the greater the efficiency for cleaning a surface.
GPM – Gallons Per Minute
Water flow is measured in GPM. The greater GPM, the more quickly a surface area can be cleaned.
CU – Cleaning Units (True Cleaning Efficiency)
The true cleaning efficiency of a power washer is measured in cleaning units. That is the water flow multiplied by the pressure (PSI x GPM = CU)
Choosing a Suitable Electric Power Washer for your needs:
The more powerful the motor, the more powerful the pressure washer is going to be.
Different types of Motors
Universal Motors (brush motors)
Universal motors are much cheaper and usually found in small, hand-carry pressure washers, they aren’t durable.
Induction Motors (brushless motors)
Induction motors, are usually used in more powerful electric power washers. Although they are more expensive they last much longer.
Larger Electric Power Washers
Improved technology has seen larger electric washers reach up to 2000 PSI. They are suitable for cleaning mid-sized surfaces including decks and patios. However they still lack the power to get rid of really tough stains.
Some power washer models include dual built in detergent tanks. You turn a knob from car wash to concrete cleaner. If you use a lot of detergent, this is a great feature.
Larger pressure washers normally come with two different nozzles for different sprays, a fan motion and a circular motion. (Standard and turbo)
Power washers – Cleaning with Power
Nothing works better than a professional pressure washer when it comes to performing heavy duty outdoor cleaning tasks, quickly and easily.
What to Consider
The gas engine or electric motor powers a pump, which creates pressure on the water fed through your power washer’s pump by your garden hose. The pressurized water is pushed through a hose and sprayed through a wand. The shape of the spray that shoots out of the wand is controlled by different nozzles.
Cleaning power is measured by the pressure washer’s PSI rating and GPM rating. Multiply the two together to get the true cleaning efficiency which is an effective way to compare power washers.
PSI: – The pressure of water delivered through the pressure washer which lets you know the power of the water stream.
GPM: – The volume of water delivered through the pressure washer. This tells you how fast the pressure washer is capable of cleaning.
Consider the following:
Understanding the type of tasks you need your power washer to perform will determine the size and power you’ll need.
- Electric pressure washers – look for a ground fault interrupter built into the cord.
- What is the flow rate of your water supply? Municipal water is normally fine, but well water may be an issue.
- Check if the attachments – brushes, nozzles etc. match the projects you want to tackle.
- Check pressure washer accessories and attachment options. Attachments are made for certain tasks:
- Rotating brush attachments
- Turbo nozzles for increased power
- Extension wands for high level cleaning
- 5x, 10x faster surface cleaning attachment
- Quick Connect attachment capability.
- Multi mode attachments cope with a wide variety of cleaning tasks.
- High speed pressure washers like the 3-in-1 Husky Pressure Washer can deliver 10x the cleaning speed of other pressure washers.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of the reliability you get from top pressure washer manufacturers machines.
The Top 10 Pressure Washers
1. Briggs and Stratton 20507 Elite Series Gas Pressure Washer
If you are looking for the best medium-duty pressure washer for your home, then the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is the right one for you.
From aggressive stain removal and paint prep to delicate cleaning of patio furniture, you can maximize your cleaning options with the Briggs & Stratton 20507 4,000 PSI 4.0 GPM Gas Pressure Washer.
- PSI: 4000 PSI
- GPM: 4.0 Gallons Per Minute
- Pump: Triplex Plunger Pump
- Engine: Briggs and Stratton 2100 series OHV 420cc
- Detergent System: YES – detergent injection system
- Nozzles: 0, 15, 25, 40, Soap
- Warranty: 2-year limited consumer and 90-day commercial warranty.
2. Generac SpeedWash 6882 Gas Powered Pressure Washer System
Generac’s SPEEDWASH 6882 gas powered pressure washer provides you with a complete washing system featuring best-in-class cleaning power. This complete cleaning system includes a family of innovative cleaning attachments (turbo nozzle and soap blaster) to deliver better cleaning results in less time. The turbo nozzle attachment with rotating pinpoint stream is designed to remove stubborn dirt and grime off tough surfaces 30% faster than standard nozzles while the soap blaster attachment sprays soap 3X farther than a standard nozzle tip to penetrate tough stains and improve cleaning results.
- PowerDial ergonomic spray gun allows you to easily adjust the pressure needed between four different tasks – car, wood, concrete and soap – at your fingertips
- Turbo nozzle attachment with rotating pinpoint stream is designed to remove stubborn dirt and grime off tough surfaces 30% faster than standard nozzles
- Soap Blaster attachment sprays soap 3X father than a standard nozzle tip to penetrate tough stains and improve cleaning results
30 foot high pressure flex hose, most flexible hose in the industry; kink resistant, non-marring
Powerful Generac 196cc OHV engine delivers maximum cleaning performance
- Horizontal axial cam pump with easy-access hose connections alleviates kneeling on the ground to connect hoses
3. Campbell Hausfeld CP5211 Electric Pressure Washer
The Campbell Hausfeld 2,000 PSI electric pressure washer (CP5211) is designed for big jobs. Delivering the performance of a gas-powered unit without the noise, odor or emissions, this pressure washer is built with premium-quality components, including a powerful induction motor, a 1.5 GPM Cat Pumps® triplex pump with solid ceramic plungers and high-pressure seals, and a professional-quality gun and lance. Quick-connect spray tips allow easy pressure changes. An integrated, welded frame is powder coated for durability, uses pneumatic tires for easy movement, features a space-saving fold-down handle and includes storage for tips and other accessories.
It’s the perfect power washer to handle tough jobs at marinas and maintenance shops, on farm/ag equipment and property, and for use by contractors.
- Heavy-duty induction motor operates quietly and efficiently
- Professional CAT pump with solid ceramic plungers and special high pressure seals provide long pump life
- Powerful and rugged construction, tough enough for any job
- Gas-like performance without fuel emissions or fumes
4. Simpson Cleaning PS3228-S Gas Pressure WasherGet it now on Amazon.com
If you plan on using a pressure washer for commercial purposes or if you need to use one regularly, it’s obvious you need to forget about residential models.
What you need is a commercial-grade unit that takes no prisoners when it comes to power. With industrial-strength pressure cleaners power is head and shoulders above stuff like portability, ease of use and so on. One such unit is the Simpson PS3228-S PowerSho with a Honda GX200 Engine (gas powered of course).
5. Generac 6923 Gas Powered Pressure Washer
The Generac 6923 pressure washer is ideal for heavy duty residential cleaning tasks such as concrete and paint prep. The residential pressure washer includes 0-degree, 25-degree, and 40-degree quick-change nozzle tip, as well as a dedicated nozzle tip for soap application.
- Designed with ergonomics in mind, the cushion grip handle improves comfort during cleaning. And you can hold the easy-to-pull spray trigger with minimal effort, reducing fatigue
- Integrated ½-inch gallon detergent tank provides convenient on-board storage for cleaning detergents
- Featuring a Generac OHV horizontal-shaft engine, the pump is well above the ground at the same level as the engine, which makes hose connections a snap
- Designed with 10″ never-flat wheels, maneuverability is easy, regardless of the terrain
- Quick change nozzle tips 4 included (0-degree, 25-degree, 40-degree, soap) for tackling any job
6. Karcher K5.540 Electric Power Pressure Washer
The Karcher K5.540 is designed to provide high performance and serious power in a small, lightweight package. It is convenient and very easy to use, and it has a number of excellent accessories designed for this purpose. Weighing at only 38 pounds, it is definitely lighter than most of the electric pressure washers out in the market.Get it now on Amazon.com
This machine packs in the power of induction motor with the ability to operate non-stop for longer periods. It provides two spray wands, an onboard soap solution storage compartment and comes with a DirtBlaster Spray Wand that helps you increase pressure by 50 percent. It has a quick connect system that makes it easy to assemble for use. It also comes with a lengthy 25 feet pressurized hose complete with the hose reel for easy storage.
7. AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
The AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel is a smart, compact and very portable system. The smooth, curved design and slim construction make it easy to carry around while you work. We particularly liked the handle construction because it make it easy to grasp and move as you walk around. It is obvious that the designers of this system paid attention to how a consumer would work with this product, which is a nice surprise considering it is a lower price point than most of its counterparts.Get it now on Amazon.com
The AR Blue Clean AR383 Pressure Washer has 1900 PSI 1.5 GPM pressure setting put it just under average however, it does not effect the performance of this product actually placing it a little better than its electric competitors for the price. The Annovi Reverberi Triplex 3 axial-piston pump ensures reliability.
As for safety this model features an auto safety shut-off valve directly at the pump head called the Total Stop System. It also comes with attachable foamer and a soap bottle.
8. Powerworks 51102 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
The Powerworks 51102 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is an attractive unit with a modern, sleek design. Its compact design and large wheels make this pressure washer easier to use than some of its competitors. The quiet induction motor makes using this system more enjoyable for you and your neighbors. 1,700 PSI of pressure and 1.4 GPM gives the Powerworks 51102 PSI Electric Pressure Washer plenty of gusto for light duty chores. Its metal fittings provide extra quality and protection from leaking unlike other brands with similar specs. The electric power source on this unit makes it more economical than it’s gas counterparts.Get it now on Amazon.com
- Induction motor powered by a 35-ft power cord with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, with a hook and loop strap for easy control of the power cord
- 1,700 PSI and 1.4 GPM provide plenty of power for light-duty tasks
- A 25-ft hose provides plenty of reach while cleaning
- Two built-in soap tanks provide convenient storage for the ability to use soap in cleaning applications as needed
- Plastic spray gun with a quick-connect wand
9. Blackmax BM80721 Electric Pressure Washer
If you have a need for a small electric pressure washer then the BlackMax BM80721 may be the right choice for you. BlackMax BM80721 is a light duty model pressure washer that generates 1700 PSI.
This pressure washer is best used for washing patio furniture, sidewalks and stairs. This power washer will not be able to reach the 2nd floor windows like the gas unit. But at about 1.2 GPM or gallons of water flow per minute, it can be a great choice for delicate jobs.Get it now on Amazon.com
- This pressure washer contains a gun that you can control manually and can use it for washing anything.
- It contains 3 nozzles that increase the pressure of the water and clean the place.
- It contains soap nozzles and turbo nozzles that increase the pressure of the washer instantly.
- It contains the aluminum pump that does not become spoiled early.
- The Product Dimensions remains 17 x 17.5 x 24 inches for home use
10. Shark STP-352007A Electric Pressure Washer
Electric powered hot water pressure washer. This unit has rugged 1 1/4 -inch powder coated steel roll cage frame it is designed for construction sites farms and factories where electricity is available. This compact and portable machine has a stainless steel coil wrap, Oil water separator and hour meter. Also comes with a Karcher direct drive crankcase style pump rated at 3.5 GPM at 2000 PSI and a Industrial Baldor motor with 5HP Electric 230V and 22 amp for fast and strong power.Get it now on Amazon.com
- Hot Water, Direct Drive
- Electric Powered/Diesel Heated
- Commercial Series
- Portable 4 Wheel Cart
- Oil Water Separator and Hour Meter
Check out Buyer’s guide for more reviews on:
- Top 10 Best Graco Strollers
- Top 10 Best Infrared Convection
- Top 15 Best Beach Carts
- Top 10 Best Crabgrass Killers
- Top 10 Best Outdoor Christmas Laser Lights Projector
- Best Microwave Carts
- Top 10 Best Electric Spin Scrubbers
- 10 Best Leaf Guard Reviews